Browsing through the picture gallery on my phone I saw this image of chaw mein, that I prepared some evening last week. I always had an affinity towards these kind of Chinese fast food. To admit I love eating Junk food ocassionally, Especially Chinese Fast Food. Their texture ,aroma and the hotness appeals me a lot, i cannot resist ,in short they drive me Crazy.
For those who love chaw chaw like me can land up on one ultimate Chinese Restaurant called Kyra,Indira Nagar ,Bangalore. Oh I will never forget the taste of Chinese fried Rice, a soup that was a mixture with bamboos ,lemon grass,other herbs and baked chicken sticks. Mouth watering. Please visit the restaurant some time . For those at Ranchi can try the chaw mein Served at Kaveri restaurant Ranchi, GEL church complex. There are many more to name, but once I start listing the list will go too long....Those who had very good experience at other places can help me, by naming those restaurants.
For this quality of Chaw mein preparation ,
following ingredients are required: This will serve two.
- Egg noodles- 250 gms
- Chicken Breast pieces- chopped into small size
- French Beans- 1 cup,Sliced in length
- Carrots-1 cup, sliced in length
- Cauliflower/Broccoli- ½ cup
- Onion- 1 large, sliced
- Green chillies- 2,chopped
- Salt as per taste
- freshly crushed pepper
- Tomato Sauce
- Chilly Sauce
- Oyster Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Ginger Garlic- minced(optional)
For the preparation,
First we need to boil the noodles . There is a way to boil them or otherwise you will end up with sticky noodleesss.
- Heat the water in a pan by adding salt and oil.
- Once the water is hot then add the noodles and boil them until they turn soft.
- Drain the water, and put 2 TSP of oil in the noodles, such that they retain moisture.
Now for Add Ons
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add green chillies
- Tuen the flame high, and add onion, sauté it and then add the Chicken pieces and salt. If you like ginger and galic , then this is the right time to add them.
- Fry for some time,until chicken gets cooked.Pour soy sauce and tomato sauce.
- Now add all the other vegetables, sprinkle salt for them and finally add crushed pepper.
- Once all the vegetables are cooked, then add the noodles.
- Fry for some time and then sprinkle all the sauces. Mix well and turn off the heat.(optional- you can take sauces of your own choices while serving ,and can leave the chawmein as it is at this point of time.)Your chicken chaw mein is ready to be served.Serve it Hottt!!!!,
some may like to add ajino- moto too. Thats all your choice. Keep Cooking and keep updating me with your experiments :-)
By: Sushmita Pandit
By: Sushmita Pandit